Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Quick Marinade for Chicken

I have been apartment hunting, and I spent most of yesterday out and about looking for a new place to live. I only had a limited amount of time to whip up a quick dinner, and I planned to make broccoli casserole and grilled chicken. Due to my time crunch, I didn't take pictures, but the chicken turned out really well, so I'll share it here.

juice of 1 lemon
1 t. pepper
a pinch of salt
dash of cayenne
1 T. oil (olive or vegetable)
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Add first 5 ingredients to a quart ziplock bag, and mix to dissolve salt and disperse oil and spices through lemon juice. Add the chicken breasts and shake to coat. Squeeze as much air as possible out of the bag, and pound the chicken breasts with a meat mallet to an even thickness. The pounding really helps the flavors penetrate the chicken quickly, and the even thickness helps it cook evenly. Cook ~5-6 minutes per side on a grill preheated to medium.

You can make this as mild or spicy as desired. Lime and chipotle could easily be used for a Mexican spin for use in tacos or taco salad. Reduce lemon by half and add soy sauce for an Asian-inspired marinade. I think this chicken would be a great addition to a spinach salad or Caesar salad. I think we'll be eating a lot of chicken this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment