Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Peanut Noodles with Chicken and Vegetables

I got the original recipe for this dish from Eating Well. I have altered it over the time I've been making it, and while my version is a little less healthy, it is much tastier.

You will need:
1 - 1.5 lb. chicken
1-2 T. oil
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1 lb. vegetables (I used carrots, mushrooms, and zucchini.)
1 c. natural peanut butter
4 T. low sodium soy sauce
1 T. Sriracha chile-garlic sauce
1/2 t. ground ginger
1 lb. pasta

In a gallon ziplock bag, mix the oil, salt, and pepper. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and put them in the bag. I actually used 2.5 lb. of chicken, and I'll be saving half for tomorrow's dinner.

Clean and chop all of the vegetables into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
Mix the peanut butter, soy sauce, chile-garlic sauce, and ginger.

Start the water for the pasta. Cook the chicken over medium heat until cooked through and some pieces begin to brown. Remove from heat and set aside.

Cook the pasta according to the package directions and drain, reserving ~2 cups of the pasta water.

Cook the vegetables over medium heat.
While the vegetables are cooking, mix the peanut sauce with the pasta, adding pasta water until the pasta is coated and the sauce is creamy.

Mix in the vegetables, once they have cooked to desired tenderness.
Dinner is served!

1 comment:

  1. I love that we took a healthy recipe and totally corrupted it with deliciousness. But I guess we sort of did the opposite for the spinach/ricotta shells doused in alfredo sauce.

    ReplyDelete