Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ricotta Pasta

I made this last night for dinner. It is a super fast meal that tastes good. It is actually based on the filling of a recipe for stuffed shells with alfredo sauce. I can't find the original right now, but maybe one day I will make it again and post it. Until then, here is my weekday short cut.


You will need:
1 lb. pasta
15 oz. container of ricotta (I use low fat, but part-skim or whole milk will work, too).
10 oz. box or 12 oz. bag of frozen spinach
crushed red pepper
salt
pepper
nutmeg
parmesan cheese


Thaw the spinach and ring out as much water as possible using a kitchen towel. I use one I don't like that has some ugly chickens on it.
Cook the pasta according to the package directions. I used a half box of bowties and a half box of penne.
Drain the pasta and mix with the container of ricotta.
In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter.
Add some red pepper, and stir constantly until the fragrance comes out.
Add the spinach and heat through. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg to taste.
Mix the spinach into the pasta-ricotta mixture. Sprinkle a little parmesan on top, and it's time for dinner!
Want a printable recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment