Monday, September 22, 2014

Meal Plan Monday #106

I'm actually writing this post on Friday, because I am sitting in my office dreaming about what I haven't cooked in a while and what I want to cook up next week. Now that it isn't quite so miserably hot, I want to eat all the foods I haven't eaten all summer because it's been too dang hot to cook them. And I have buttermilk in the refrigerator that I want to use.

I made some DELICIOUS, FLUFFY cornbread last week. It was so good - I used homemade baking powder (2 t. cream of tartar + 1 t. baking soda) and buttermilk and it rose up so beautifully, I wish I had taken a picture. I froze the leftovers for a future batch of dressing. I will probably make another batch this week so that I'll have enough cornbread for dressing, and because we have most of a half-gallon of buttermilk in the refrigerator, and I don't want it to go to waste.

SUNDAY:  Country Fried Steak, Mashed Potatoes, Black-eyed Peas, and Cornbread

MONDAY:  Twice-baked Potatoes with Broccoli and Cheese

TUESDAY:  Buttermilk Fried Chicken, Lima Beans, Roasted Eggplant, and Biscuits

WEDNESDAY:  Pepperoni, Mushroom, and Jalapeno Pizza and Salad

THURSDAY:  Chicken and Sausage Pasta with Salad

FRIDAY:  Date Night! Lib's Pick!

No comments:

Post a Comment