Saturday, July 21, 2012

Snap Shot Saturday: Tall Girl Tribute

This past year was one of the best of my professional career. I had the privilege of working with some outstanding students, who will be attending Brown, U. Penn., Brandeis, U. Mass., Baylor, Tulane, and a ton of other really great schools. Some of my kids were also stellar athletes - our girls' volleyball team won the state championship again. I had a blast following them to some of their games and was especially proud to see them win the state tournament last fall! I refer to those kids as my tall girls. They  are wonderful people, and I wish them the best in their coming adventures!


Catherine
This kid is one of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet. She is heading off to do mission work for a gap year before starting college or whatever comes next. She is kind of my hero, and I am so proud to know her! Good luck, Cat-Fan!




Jessica
This kid is going to California for college. I had the pleasure and honor of writing her senior tribute speech. She is going to be unstoppable! Go go go, J-Slide!





A Veritas volleyball star,
With a mustache attached to her car,
At Azusa she'll shine,
In graphic design,
And with a little hard work, she'll go far!

Teresa
This kid is staying local for college. I hope she'll pop in occasionally for a visit. She is a funny gal and never fails to bring a smile to my face. Keep 'em laughing, T!





Best of luck, Tall Girls! I will miss you!
Love,
Doctor

No comments:

Post a Comment