Monday, July 2, 2012

Meal Plan Monday #4

In the South, food fixes almost everything. Well, maybe it doesn't fix things, but it sure makes them easier. We Southerners don't care if it's a good thing or a bad thing. If something happened to your family, we will help you by bringing something to eat. I remember when my grandmother died back in the early 80's. My memory might exaggerate things, but I'm pretty sure there was enough fried chicken to feed thirty people, not to mention all the other things that people brought by. Desserts are common gifts, too. I think because nothing says "I love you" like baked goods.

The family of a very dear student has just added a new member! Welcome to Baby Patrick, and congratulations to the whole family! I am so happy to be able to provide a meal for them Monday night. I couldn't be cooking for a nicer family. In an effort to stream line dinner, they'll be eating the same things we will; I'll just make two batches and deliver one to them. I am also going to take them a batch of sticky buns that they can eat for dessert on Monday or breakfast on Tuesday. I am changing the sticky buns slightly by using a can of crescent rounds, that I'll unroll and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, then re-roll and break apart. I'll also leave the pecans out of the rolls themselves, and only have them in the topping. Darren and I had these a few weeks ago when we had an extra can of crescent rounds, and they worked so well I think they will be a permanent change!

Sunday: Salmon, Rice, and Salad

Monday: Lasagna, Garlic Bread, and Salad

Tuesday: Chicken and Vegetable Fried Rice

Wednesday: Ribs, Baked Sweet Potatoes, and Cabbage

Thursday: Chicken Quesadillas with Guacamole and Black Beans

Friday: Date Night (Lib's Pick)

No comments:

Post a Comment