Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Spicy Stuffed Peppers

We love PW's bacon-wrapped jalapeno thingies. They are amazingly delicious, but they are pretty labor intensive. They also aren't appropriate for a whole meal. I've had stuffed bell peppers, but never any that I have found incredibly exciting. I wanted something spicier. So I've created these stuffed peppers based on a few different recipes.

I'm using fresh corn, because we've had some great fresh corn lately; however, canned or frozen corn could be used. I cut the corn from the cob.

Then cooked it in a skillet with some butter until the corn was about half browned. I added some salt and pepper.


I used four ears of corn so that I'll have some for corn guacamole to go with tomorrow's enchiladas.

I cooked the bacon in the oven while the corn was getting ready.

I mixed the grated cheese (colby jack) and cream cheese.


Then added the crumbled bacon...

...and the browned corn.
I halved the peppers and removed some of the membrane and seeds. I don't have pictures of these steps, because I was wearing gloves and didn't want to get pepper juice everywhere. Then I filled each pepper half with filling.
I sprinkled the tops with panko. Then the peppers were baked for about 25 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.

They were delicious. The filling is amazing, and the peppers are softened, but still have some heat and bite. We will definitely be eating these again.

Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment