Monday, November 9, 2020

Meal Plan Monday #358

It's cooling off. I suspect we will have a few more days near 80, but the really hot days are gone. I'm glad. I enjoy cooking more when I can stay cool in the kitchen. Also, I'm having better results with online teaching this term, so cooking has felt like less of a chore some nights. I have found a lot of baking recipes that I want to try, too. We'll see how that goes. First up is this chocolate chip snack cake. For some reason, it makes me think of childhood, though I'm not sure if I've ever had it before. I'm ready to try new things and to revisit some of the winter comfort food recipes that we haven't had in months. 

There are still a few items that we used to buy that we have been unable to get. The frozen goat cheese ravioli that I love continues to be unavailable, so I'm subbing in some spinach and cheese tortellini that I already have in the freezer to go in one of our favorite pasta dishes. I am not sponsored, but we have really enjoyed Rana pastas over the past few months. I think they are refrigerated pasta, but I've been doing grocery pickup since March, so I honestly don't know. They might be frozen. Either way, they cook really quickly and taste excellent. We have liked all of the varieties we've tried, so I'd recommend them, if you're a pasta lover.  

Sunday:  Cheese and Spinach Tortellini with Roasted Butternut Squash, Browned Butter, and Toasted Pepitas

Monday:  Coconut Curry Chickpeas with Jasmine Rice and Salad

Tuesday:  Tuesday Night Takeout! Darren's Pick

Wednesday:  Darren's Fried Rice and Salad

Thursday:  Blackened Mahi Mahi with Avocados, Rice, and Salad

Friday:  Date Night Takeout! Lib's Pick

Saturday:  Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Burritos with Grits

No comments:

Post a Comment